All Resources

Early Childhood, Special Education

Early Childhood Programs

New York City provides a variety of affordable early childhood programs for eligible children birth to five years old.

Early Childhood, Family Support, Special Education

Referral for First Time Requests for Preschoolers

If your preschooler may require special education programs or services, use this form letter to request an evaluation.

Early Childhood, Family Support, Special Education

Turning 5 Communications

Each year, the NYC Department of Education sends out colored letters to help families understand what to expect as their children transition to Kindergarten. Here is a breakdown of what each letter means and when you can expect to receive it.

Early Childhood, Special Education

Transition to Kindergarten Checklist

When your child transitions from preschool to kindergarten, it can be a stressful time. Learn about the steps you can take to prepare for this process.

Advocacy, Early Childhood, Special Education

How to Request a Preschooler IEP Review Meeting

You can request a meeting with your preschooler’s IEP team at any time to discuss making changes to the IEP. Here is a sample letter that you can send to request the CPSE meeting.

Early Childhood, Family Support, Special Education

Early Intervention

Early Intervention (EI) offers free support services to infants and toddlers with developmental delays and their families.

Early Childhood, K-12, Special Education

Special Education: Initial Steps Timeline

Special education process can be overwhelming. Here is a simple overview to better understand the special education process.

Early Childhood, Special Education

Preschoolers Transitioning to Kindergarten

Families of children who may need special education services in kindergarten will participate in both the kindergarten admissions and special education (Turning 5) processes.

Early Childhood, Special Education

Sample Letter of Referral for First Time Evaluation Requests

This is a sample letter for a first time evaluation. This request is sent to a local CPSE/CSE office.