Early Intervention (COVID-19 Contact Sheet)
COVID-19 Precautions (Updated June 24)
The Early Intervention Program is still operating as an essential service and taking precautions to keep our staff and families safe during COVID-19.
- To keep families safe and provide the support and services they need, we have made changes to our process:
- To submit a referral, call the Regional Office in the borough where your child lives directly. Do not fax.
- Individualized Family Service Planning meetings are being conducted by phone. For more information, contact your service coordinator or call your Regional Office.
- Early Intervention Providers are delivering services through teletherapy as much as possible.
Regional Office Phone Numbers
- Bronx: (718) 838-6887
- Brooklyn: (718) 722-3310 (main) / (718) 722-7824 (referrals)
- Manhattan: (212) 436-0900
- Queens: (718) 553-3954
- Staten Island: (718) 568-2300
Early Intervention Guidance and Consent to Resume In-person Services
- The Early Intervention Program’s Return to In-Person Services Action Plan During COVID-19 (PDF, June 22)
- Early Intervention Program Consent Form for In-Person Services During COVID-19 (PDF, June 22)
You can contact the EI Consumer Affairs office for help with referrals or any concerns you may have about your child’s services at EIconsumeraffairs@health.nyc.gov or call (347) 396-6828. Note that regional office employees are currently working remotely.
You will need to give consent for your child to receive teletherapy or any evaluations. Talk to your service coordinator or contact EI Consumer Affairs if you have questions.